Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"large marge sent me"

One of my all-time favorite movies is Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure. I remember watching our vhs tape so many times and laughing hilariously every time. It wasn't just funny, it was educational. It taught me how to make some good, everyday life decisions, and some general wisdom I could then apply should I run across certain situations. I wanted to share it with everyone, but don't take my word for it (said in the style of LeVar Burton on PBS's smash hit "Reading Rainbow") see the movie for yourself, or better yet, I'll watch it with you if you ask me.

My Lessons Learned from Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure:

1) indoor pool fighting is the next big thing, and apparently no one will hear you fighting. But conveniently, in the end someone looking like oddjob will hear and ultimately ruin the fight altogether.
2) sometimes the mind will play tricks on you and in those times it will appear as if you are trying to unravel a knit sweater that someone keeps on knitting, and knitting, and knitting and knitting..!
3) when someone in the same room as you has a name like "amazing larry" you should probably ask if he has anything to share with everyone else. I would imagine he would.
4) we should pity all the poor fools who aren't nourished daily by Mr. T cereal.
5) life is gonna be okay when you are dreaming of pushing a big donut and there is a snake wearing a vest.
6) there really is no basement in the Alamo. and to suggest the possibility of it's existence is a) one of the greatest timeless jokes ever or b) the product of the lousiest fortune teller ever.
7) never chew gum offered from your sworn enemy (even during what looks to be reconcilation) just insist you don't chew.
8) don't ever, ever, in any circumstance, tie your bike to a creepy waving clown when bike racks are readily available for public use.
9) when your local pet shoppe is burning and you have a monkey helping you save all the pets, forget the snakes...they just aren't worth the trouble.
10) tell people large marge sent you. trust me-its a good story.

1 comment:

  1. So true. What a timeless classic. Don't forgot learning about sunrises sitting in the mouth of a dinosaur.

    ReplyDelete